Youth Fencers Assistance Program
Arlington Fencers’ Club has been offering need-based scholarships since its founding. If you are interested in receiving financial support for your child’s fencing, then please consider the criteria below and contact us for an application. Scholarships are limited and competitive. Applications for fencing scholarships will be considered according to the following criteria:
- Residency – Scholarships are to be used only by youth residing in Arlington County for payment of tuition for fencing instruction at Arlington Fencers’ Club.
- Financial need – Applicants must demonstrate financial need. (Participation in APS Free and Reduced Priced Lunch programs is sufficient.)
- Achievement in Fencing – Applicants need not be experienced fencers, but they must demonstrate a serious interest in the sport. Applicants with experience must set goals for competitive achievement in the sport of fencing and work towards the fulfillment of those goals.Good moral and ethical character.
- Academic Standing – Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale during the academic year.
- Arlington County Parks & Recreation offers reduced fees and scholarship programs to residents. We automatically extend the same discount as applicable. Contact us to receive a fee reduction.